- TIME mentors and sponsors receive major gongs at the travel industry’s ‘Oscars’.
- The AFTA National Travel Industry Awards is the premier industry event of the year.
The National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA) have been run-and-won for another year, and sponsors and mentors from the TIME network featured in no fewer than six categories:
- Best Travel Consultant – Retail
- Best Travel Agency Manager – Corporate Multi Location
- Best Cruise Operator – Domestic Deployment
- Best Cruise Operator – International Deployment
- Best Car/Campervan Rental Operator
- Best Wholesaler – International Product
“I’m so delighted to see members of the TIME community being recognised again right across the suite of categories at the NTIA. They each deserves their accolades for the incredible job they do in their own right, but it’s wonderful to share in their success through TIME “, said TIME program founder, Penny Spencer.
TIME program mentor, Andre Moten from Corporate Travel Management, was named Best Travel Agency Manager – Corporate Multi Location.
Gold TIME sponsor, Royal Caribbean International, collected a pair of awards: Best Cruise Operator – Domestic Deployment; and Best Cruise Operator – International Deployment. The Travel Corporation’s Adventure World picked up Best Wholesaler – International Product.
Silver sponsors, Avis and Spencer Travel, also found themselves in the winners’ circle. Avis won Best Car/Campervan Rental Operator, and Giselle Pennington from Spencer Travel Southside, was named Best Travel Consultant – Retail, capping off a remarkable 12 months.
“I can’t believe I won!”, said Giselle.
“I was a finalist last year. But saying goodbye to the kids amid vigorous hugs before dashing off to get my hair done for the awards night, I tumbled over, displaced my collar bone, and spent the night in hospital”, said Giselle.
“Ball gowns beat hospital gowns hands-down on awards nights, I can assure you”, she quipped.
Since its foundation in 2009, TIME has accelerated the leadership and career paths of some 200 graduates from more than 100 travel, tourism and hospitality businesses.
Expressions of interest for TIME’s 32nd program intake (commencing 05 September) are due by Friday 17 August, 2018.
For more information, click HERE or contact Marie Allom:
• Email Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org