- TIME grads and sponsors named as finalists in a range of categories at the National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA).
- The Australian Federation of Travel Agents’ NTIAs are the premier industry event of the year.
The hotly anticipated 2019 National Travel Industry Awards finalists list has been published, and the TIME community has made its mark in no fewer than nine categories.
“I’m so delighted to see members of the TIME community being recognised again across the suite of categories at the NTIAs. Each finalist deserves praise for the incredible job they do for their employers, customers and the industry more broadly”, said TIME Program Founder, Penny Spencer.
“We’re thrilled to see so many TIME faces among the finalists, and wish them all the best of luck in their respective categories”, added Penny.
Four TIME Program graduates were named finalists in three categories:
- Best Mobile Travel Advisor: Ketty Ayers, MTA Mobile Travel Agents (Graduate)
- Best Sales Executive Cruise: Richard Waugh, P&O Cruises (Graduate)
- Best Sales Executive Air: Elizabeth Hutchison, Air New Zealand (Graduate)
- Best Sales Executive Air: Stella Hritis, Air New Zealand (Graduate)
Reflecting on the Best Sales Executive Air category, Penny noted that, “Having a pair of graduates—Elizabeth Hutchison and Stella Hritis—who are also colleagues contesting the same category is a unique occurrence. Let’s hope it’s a dead-heat!”
TIME sponsors have also made the finalists cut in six categories:
- Best Non-Branded Travel Agency Group: Magellan Travel (Sponsor)
- Best Domestic Airline: Virgin Australia (Sponsor)
- Best Tour Operator Domestic: Contiki (Sponsor)
- Best Tour Operator International: Contiki + Insight Vacations (Sponsors)
- Best Car/Campervan Rental Operator: Avis (Sponsor)
- Best Agency Support Service: Cover-More Travel Insurance (Sponsor)
“We’re so pleased for our sponsors, and wish them the very best. We are overwhelmed by the generosity of their support for the TIME program. It’s invaluable—without it, we couldn’t do half the job we do developing the industry leaders of the future”, said Penny.
TIME’s 35th group of Mentees starts its six-month mentoring journey on 19 June 2019.
CLICK HERE for more information about becoming a TIME Mentee and taking your career to the next level.